Thursday, August 30, 2012

College Football Returns - What I will be watching tonight, How Ibecame an EWU and UMass fan

So the day is here once again, time for college football.

It is still so funny to me that in the world of college football one of the biggest complaints for not being able to have an extended playoff system is that it would effect the school work and the studies of the student athletes...yet the college football season will begin on a weekday and have games that are continued to be played on friday.

Not too sure how its not ok to have playoffs because of school but we can start the season off on school days. It is odd.

Tonight the games I really care about are the Eastern Washington vs Idaho game and the UMass vs UCONN game.

I became a fan of EWU two years ago when they installed red turf into their stadium and then that season ran the table at home going unbeaten and winning the national title...the REAL college football National Championship in my eyes.

The one that is actually decided on the football field and not on computers.

I really started watching and getting into EWU when they made the playoffs back in 2010 and had two games on TV at home with the red turf, AKA the inferno.



The 1st game I ever saw on the red turf was a overtime playoff thriller in the snow between EWU and North Dakota State. Still one of my favorite football games to this day, and of course I have it on DVD to watch forever :D.


EWU would head on to the D-1 national championship game and after falling behind 19-0 to Delaware, they would score 20 points in the 2nd half to comeback and win the game.


If you have never seen Eastern Washington play, you owe it to yourself to do so. Sure Eastern Washington vs Idaho may not look like a game worth watching on first glance, but go ahead and tune in on ESPN3.com and give them a shot. You will see a really fun team.


As for UMass, I really want to see how they do after following the SportsGamingUniverse Umass series on youtube, if you have no idea what I am talking about, go and youtube SGU UMass Dynasty.

A really fun series on youtube from one of my favorite youtubers, Nadasfan. Give him a search, he does really great work and makes better 20 minute videos than 95% of what you will see on TV these days.

That is what I will be keeping my eyes on tonight as I look forward to Boise State vs. Michigan State and Troy vs. UAB over the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment